This article is about how to use manual focusing on a Nikon DSLR camera and the advantages of using it instead of auto focus. Nonetheless I will be using a Nikon D3200 DSLR camera in this article to show how this can be done. The advantages of using this over autofocus is the speed that photographs can be taken and also the focus on specific subjects that sometimes auto focus does not do successfully.
- Firstly adjust the viewfinder to your eyesight.
- Then set the focus switch on the lens to M because this means that manual focusing would like to be used instead of auto focusing on a subject.
- Then you should select a focus point in the viewfinder, then frame the shot so the subject in just under the selected focus point.
- Then Press and Hold The Shutter Button Halfway Because This Will Initiate Exposure Metering. At That Moment, Rotate The Focusing Ring On The Lens On The DSLR Camera To Bring The Subject Into Focus In The Viewfinder.
- After that press the shutter button all the way to take the photograph.
Also on the Nikon D3200 DSLR camera, there is a rangefinder. However this could also be on another DSLR camera, although I do not know this for certain. A rangefinder indicates if focus is set on the object in the selected focus point. If the bars in the rangefinder are left of the number 0, then the focus is slightly behind the subject in the photograph. Then if there is bars to the right of the number 0, the focus in behind the subject in the photograph. However if the more bars you see, the greater the focusing error in the photograph.
The rangefinder helps you with this by rotating the focusing ring on the lens, the range finder will update accordingly to help you get the focus perfect on the photograph. If you want to use the rangefinder, please make sure that it has been turned on in the setup menu.
- Digital Camera World “Manual Focus: What You Need To Know To Get Sharp Images” - Link
- For Dummies “How to Focus a Nikon DSLR Manually” - Link
If you need any advice or comments about this article, please email me at email@example.com. Thanks.